Combing our busy daily work schedules with our daily gym time has brought about an increase in the desire to have a home gym. Believe it or not, this desire keeps increasing by the day. Creating a gym at home and sticking to a home gym workout routine, thanks to the myriad of gym equipments on the market, is easier than ever.
Whether you are building a home gym for the first time or looking to improve your existing home gym, getting the right gym equipments goes a long way to improve your home gym experience.
Building a home gym gives you the flexibility to customize the gym environment to your specific needs, plus, the need to travel down to the commercial gym on a busy day and maintain monthly membership fees is eliminated. Having a home gym also gives you the ability to fit your workout routine into your busy schedule rather constantly stressing about managing your busy schedule around your gym time.
Having a home gym gives you a comfortable atmosphere to exercise within. It is therefore a great idea to choose an area of your home that keeps you motivated, relaxed and comfortable. You also need to consider the available space and the layout of the gym you are building.
To give your home gym workout a boost, you should consider having the gym equipments listed below or similar equipments. Whether you are building a brand-new home gym or upgrading an existing one, these gym equipments will surely give you that intense workout you need to stay fit and in-shape.
1. Marcy Eclipse Deluxe Home Gym Equipment
Product: Home Gym Multi Equipment
Recommended Place To Buy: Amazon.com
My personal Rating: 7.5 out of 10.
If you are on the look out for a gym equipment that offers multiple workout options, then look no further than the Marcy Eclipse Deluxe Home Gym Equipment. With the option of working out the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs and abs, your home gym workout experience and comfort will never be the same.
To workout the chest and back – This equipment has functions for the flat press, single-arm crossover, lateral pull-down, seated row, bent over row, and reverse grip row just to mention a few.
For shoulders, biceps and triceps workouts – Functions include, shoulder press, lateral raise, front raise, rear flyes, shrugs, upright rows, straight arm curls, high cable curls, close grip reverse pull-downs, tricep push-downs, single-handle pull-downs, and tricep extensions.
To give your legs and abs that intense workout – Functions include, leg curls, leg extensions, abductor extensions, ab crunches, weighted reverse crunches and cable woodchops.
- Has a diverse range of exercise possibilities. Exercise possibilities – chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, lungs and abs workouts.
- This equipment comes with a 90kg / 198lbs solid vinyl weight stack.
- Has an independent swivelling pec dec arms that stimulates the motion of a free weight and doesn’t have a fixed path of motion.
- For a better upper ab development, this equipment’s central pulley system allows the unique ab crunch feature to be used with the supplied dual handle ab crunch strap.
- For the user’s comfort and safety, this multi-purpose gym equipment comes with an adjustable backrest. The backrest can be adjusted to 4 angles to perfectly align your body.
- Attachments included with this equipment include, curved lateral pull-down bar with multi position anti-slip grips, short straight bar with anti-slip, ab crunch strap with dual foam handles and foam neck support, single d-handle with foam grip and ankle strap with Velcro adjustment.
- Requires self-assembling. Assembly instructions can appear vague even for those of us claiming to be a little good at DIY. A simplified and easy-to-understand assembly instruction will be very helpful.
- Some users may experience squeaky noises while using the equipment, thereby causing the equipment to appear less sturdy.
2. Pro XS Sports 2-In-1 Elliptical Cross Trainer
Product: 2-In-1 Elliptical Cross Trainer
Brand: XS Sports
Recommended Place To Buy: Amazon.com
My Personal Rating: 7.5 out of 10.
The Pro XS Sports 2-in-1 Elliptical Cross Trainer is designed to give you a total body low-impact cardiovascular workout in the comfort of your home. What makes this gym equipment 2-in-1?….. It can be used as a cross trainer or exercise bike. This is a plus as it saves you money and gym space that could have been used for 2 separate exercise equipments.
With a bi-directional movement for quad and hamstring training, advanced cardio and distanced sensors, and an onboard calorie counter, this 2-in-1 exercise equipment is worth having in your home gym. Its forward pedaling function emphasizes your quads while backward pedaling emphasizes your hamstrings.
This equipment has been crafted to meet the highest standards, so give it a try and see what you think!
- Can be used to workout different parts of the body: legs, buttocks, hips, arms and shoulders.
- Comes with a multi function LCD display for precise monitoring. The LCD display provides real time workout information.
- This equipment’s inbuilt handlebar pulse sensor reads your pulse, burnt calories, time, speed and distance covered as you workout.
- This equipment is crafted from heavy-duty materials, designed to make it strong and durable.
- It is designed to give extra comfort and support. It comes with an adjustable deep padded seat to provide support where you need it most. Extra wide foot pedals ensure your foot has maximum grip and stability. Outer handlebars can be adjusted up and down to your comfort.
- It is easy to use and can be used for both short and long workouts.
- This exercise equipment comes with front wheels for easy transport around your home.
- Handles tend to loosen during use as well as some bolts and nuts. This tends to make the equipment noisy while being used. It is worth mentioning that, not all users experience this problem though.
- The LCD display can be very problematic for some users. If you happen to be one of those unlucky customers with this problem, the LCD display (which the manufacturers prides in), will be of no use to you.
- Assembly instructions need a bit more simplicity for the benefit of those of us not good when it comes to DIY.
3. Relife Rebuild Your Life Vertical Climbing Machine
Product: Vertical Climbing Machine
Brand: Relife Rebuild Your Life
Recommended Place to Buy: Amazon.com
My Personal Rating: 5 out of 10.
This Relife Rebuild Your Life Vertical Climbing Machine is a great exercise equipment for a full body workout. This vertical climber imitates the action of climbing a mountain. The climbing action exercises muscles and burns calories in one simple move.
Regular use of this exercise machine tones up your arms, waist muscles, calves, abdomen, thighs, back, hips and improves heart and lung function. It is indeed a full body workout machine!
- Gives full body workout – hips, arms, calves, abdomen, arms, thighs, waist calves and back.
- This exercise equipment comes with one year guarantee.
- Its structure is designed to be strong and durable. Foldable climber using the u-shape square design ensures stability when you workout. The equipment can hold up to 120kg.
- Has an LCD display monitor to record time, speed and calorie burns.
- It can be folded for an easy storage.
- Its height can be adjusted to your comfort.
- This vertical climbing machine has a high-density sweat-absorbent anti-slip foam to protect your hands.
- Same as number 2 above, this exercise equipment’s LCD display can be very problematic for some users.
- Some users have reported issues with the metal rods and nylon bushes. They tend to heat up and expand, especially during hot weather conditions.
- Users need extra patience when assembling this equipment. You might need an extra pair of hands when assembling.
- It might not be as sturdy as manufacturers claim. Extra care required when using this equipment, especially when it is your first time.
4. PremierFit T100 Motorised Electric Foldable Treadmill
Product: Motorised Electric Foldable Treadmill
Recommended Place To Buy: Amazon.com
My Personal Rating: 6.5 out of 10.
The PremierFit T100 boast of offering a wealth of features not found in other treadmills within its price range. Having a treadmill in your home gym is always a great idea since its gives you the added option of indoor running on those wintry and or wet days/nights.
The impact of running on our overall health can never be under-estimated. Adding running to weekly workout routines massively improves cardiovascular health. Plus, having a treadmill at home also gives you the luxury of improving your running technique and ability right in the comfort of your home.
- This treadmill has an industry-recommended fixed incline of 4% which gives you very slight slope designed to protect the joints when running.
- The PremierFit T100 has a state-of-the-art console design with an easy-to-use format. It comes with an iPad holder, Aux input and dual drink holders. It also gives you the option of accurately monitoring your heart rate with its advanced pulse reading technology.
- It is also designed to keep boredom at bay by keeping you entertained whilst running. Apart from its Aux input, it also has built-in speakers to negate the need to always rely on annoying headphones for entertainment whilst running.
- Compared to other treadmills within its price range, the running belt of the PremierFit T100 is wider and longer, enabling you to enjoy a more comfortable and safer run without the need to worry about losing your footing.
- This treadmill’s foldable design makes it very space-saving, especially for those of us with limited space in our home gyms.
- The safety of users of this foldable treadmill is of utmost importance to its manufacturer. It has an emergency cut-off function featuring a clip that gets attached to clothing whilst running. This means, if for any reason you lose your balance or trip whilst running, the clip attached to your clothing will pull the safety cord from the treadmill console to bring the treadmill to a safe stop.
- This product’s strength and durability is a bit of a question mark. It seemed ok when I tried running on one, but quite a number of customers experienced the opposite after some few months of using this treadmill. For some, this treadmill broke down after weeks of using it. Some might say you can’t really complain considering the price its being sold for, but price is no excuse for poor durability.
- The product is smaller than it looks on display pictures.
- The display console can be a bit temperamental for some users. If you happen to be one of those users with no display issues, then that’s great news!
What To Take Away…..
Building a gym right in the comfort of your home has never been this easy. You just need to make sure you have enough space and adopt a more efficient gym layout. Ensure you have a good look around to get the best deals for the equipments you intend having in your gym.
The layout of the gym should always be safe for you and other users. Whether you find yourself in a commercial gym or home gym, safety is always paramount!
You will ideally want your home gym workout routine to be as intense and beneficial as possible, but always remember to stay safe. Ensure your workouts are modified to suite your level of fitness. You then increase your workouts’ intensity as your level of fitness improves.
Train hard but stay safe!
It is always advisable to consult your health provider before starting a new fitness regime, recovering from an injury or have a health concern. Safety first!
Are there other exercise equipments you would like to recommend to improve our home gym workouts? Are there any home gym safety concerns you would like to share with us? If your answer to these questions is a ‘Yes’, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
All other suggestions, contributions, questions, comments, corrections and recommendations are also warmly welcome in the comments section below.
See you here again soon!